The 30th Annual Workshop of the Swedish Artificial Intelligence Society (SAIS 2017) will take place at Blekinge Institute of Technology in Karlskrona, Sweden on May 15-16, 2017. The SAIS workshop provides an ideal forum for contacts among AI researchers and practitioners in Sweden and neighboring countries, as well as for establishing links with related research disciplines, industry, and society. The purpose of the SAIS workshop is:
- To give doctoral students an opportunity to present their research to a friendly and knowledgeable audience and receive valuable feedback,
- To provide a forum for established researchers and practitioners to present past and current research contributing to the state of the art of AI research and applications,
- To provide an informal social event where AI researchers and practitioners can meet.
SAIS 2017 welcomes both theoretical and applied contributions from all areas of AI, including (but not limited to) traditional topics such as search, machine learning, planning, knowledge representation, reasoning, natural language processing, and multi-agent systems. We specifically encourage submissions that cut across these areas and submissions on AI techniques in the context of novel application domains, such as security, sustainability, healthcare, transportation, Internet of Things, and commerce. We invite two types of contributions to the SAIS workshop:
- Original research papers. We explicitly encourage submission of relevant papers that are currently under review,
- Position papers from research groups or companies.
The main purpose of position papers is to communicate research activities of individuals and groups in Sweden and neighboring countries. Such papers should describe current research/application challenges or current research/application endeavors.
All papers will be carefully reviewed by the program committee. Accepted papers will be published in the electronic workshop proceedings. Copyright stays with the authors and authors of previously unpublished papers accepted to the SAIS workshop are encouraged to submit these to other workshops or conferences. Before putting together the final electronic proceeding, authors will be asked to confirm that they want to have their papers included in the proceedings.
All submissions should be in PDF and must be written in English. All papers should be submitted through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sais2017
Original papers are not to exceed ten (10) pages, including all figures and references, in two-column A4 article format with 10pt font (detailed instructions are provided under Submission). Papers may be accepted for oral presentation or as posters. Position papers are limited to six (6) pages.